Dump the IM bullshitters and hype if you want to make money online

Internet marketing (IM) has some great advantages, but it also has some seriously greedy and deceptive liars in it too… having just seen another bullshit video and pitch from some self proclaimed “guru” I think it’s time this IM niche cleaned itself up.

Someone is watching…as always, something these bullshitting hype marketers could do with taking note of, many of you have been selling the fake bullshit dreams and hype for a long time now and in the process taking the piss out of people, taking their money, misleading them and letting them down.

I am just about sick of these bullshitters in the IM niche and the sly underhand tactics they use to lure people in, and I do mean lure… they more often than not just rip you off.

I unsubbed from so many of the list we in the IM niche get sucked into many months ago, a few I kept over the time and now they are gone too, so I am now only subbed to 3 and it’s staying that way, these 3 deliver good stuff, solid info that will help most people in this niche but they are not geared to noobs in that sense.

I won’t be telling you who is crap and who isn’t, my advice is stay off them all!

Now though, we have something else to help kick these assholes into touch, social media and the way people share and spread things so fast, it means these assholes can’t hide, rip someone off and it will be told somewhere.

So, these sly bastards are new playing a new card, the “woe is me, I did wrong but I am a new person now” angle is coming out… I just hope people don’t fall for it, it’s bullshit that will cost you big money if you do!

The problem is these sly bastards are know realising they can’t keep doing what they did, they know they can’t hide anything, they know FTC is on their backs, they know they would be in deep shit if they get found out, it’s likely they will get found out, well I damn hope they do.

Is it likely the new disclosure rules and the fact they can’t use their bullshit testimonials from “friends” has triggered it off, they are worried and changing tactics, yet only so they can try and fleece more money from the gullible masses, yes they are gullible!

Bullshit claims of 2 hours a day work for 50 grand a month and that sort of crap, people fall for…amazingly!

You have to question your own greed if you fall for that crap, those bullshitters are only worried about their own greed, but you can’t complain if you fall for it, if you do…you are being a hypocrite because it was your own greed that made you fall for it!

Right?

Thought so, so what are we to do about it, those in this IM niche get tarnished with the same brush, which is a damn good reason to start doing something about it, no matter how small it all mounts up.

Let’s face it, Internet Marketing is not going anywhere, it’s just the medium being used for marketing, it’s the way it’s used that needs to be looked and changed, it can only be us who force the change…

There are some great marketers who are ethical, decent and deliver what they promise…simply because they don’t lie about what they can deliver, quite often they will over-deliver which is great for you, me and anyone who buys from them, follows them, these people should be supported.

The rest, ditch em and if they rip you off, shout about it loud and clear, wherever you can, blog about it, tweet it, whatever just don’t let it lie, because who know who they will rip off next?

We all owe to ourselves and everyone else to use some common sense and at least always do your due diligence… that alone will save you money, heartache and pride.

The sooner we boot out these assholes the better for everyone, it’s funny but the biggest most important thing we have is our reputation, yet these assholes don’t care about theirs…at least till they get found out, then it’s too late.

Three things… Mind, Wallet/Purse and Reputation!

Don’t let these idiots put crap into your head, if what they say sounds to good to be true, it probably is!

Don’t spend anything until you get a decent second opinion, even then be very wary of what and how you spend, some of this assholes used sly forced continuity scams.

Strip everything else away and you are left with reputation… what’s theirs like?

What you then do also has an influence over YOUR reputation, don’t let these assholes bad rep ruin yours, and always strive to keep it intact, it’s you main asset.

Save your money, if you must spend it, don’t waste it on bullshit systems, instead get something like these videos, use them to find YOUR niche and then work on that by delivering decent content.

Get involved with decent like minded people who can help you, also help them where you can and you won’t have any need to worry about the bullshitters taking the piss out of you.

Don’t you agree?

This entry was posted in Internet marketing, make money online and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Dump the IM bullshitters and hype if you want to make money online

1. I think it's important to be yourself here man, you gotta carve your own path there the only way to do it in my opinion. The people who hang on to others because they are too scared to go it alone, people like you Rob like in my Onward The Brave post are leading the way.

2. Rob says:

How strange, James, your comment posted (I got it in email) yet it hasn't showed here, must look into that…

3. Rob says:

Ah, there it is. :o)

Yeah mate, we have to carve our own path, we couldn't even replicate an other persons path if we tried. :o)

4. Heather says:

While I can agree with parts of this, I think that you're focusing too much on the 'dark' side of internet marketing. In and of itself marketing on the internet isn't a bad thing; it's been abused quite a bit, but people are starting to catch on to that.

You said it yourself, there are some really good internet marketers out there – if anything we should be learning from them! Agreed though, the rest can take a running jump.

5. Rob says:

Hey Heather,

When you have been in IM 6 or 7 years seeing and knowing what some of the so called "good IMers" got up to over the years, it leaves alot to be desired.

Some people who many think are ok (today) were shady buggers not so long ago, some who are being shown to be shady nowadays have also got me questioning what they did a few years ago.

Alot of smoke and mirrors out there. ;o)

The good ones are there but not as many as people think, yet they are worth listening to, watching and learning from.

In some ways I wish I was starting out now rather than years ago, fresh ayes, head without the jaded knowledge would be good. ;o)

6. cadilacjax the idiot says:

Hmmm. Interesting Rob. As much as I like your rant, I see myself in a mirror when I read it. Damn..
    Not so sure I like it then.

I will say, I for sho havent' been in it for 6 or 7 yrs so I can't really speak on it in such the same way. Also I dislike, dishonest used car salesmen worse than the back yard burglar. Really! Both are theives IMO.

My only other, well 2 actually is who are the 3 your hanging tough with. Will you share those..(email if you want)

And the other of the 2 is there is an up and coming smooth talking dude that seems to be gaining momentum. For some reason I just gotta feeling it's a fraud and they are a Pro-blogger in disguise trying a new tactic using a smart smooth talking individual. Powerful pull either way. I see a lot of, and i'm guilty to a certain degree, but i see a lot of folks falling for it.. What do you think?

7. Kelsey says:

I think this is a great post! I think that many folks who want to get into IM don't realize how shady it often is. I've noticed that many in the IM field are very, very loathe to disclose any sort of stats, from hit count to income, and that has always made me wonder about the veracity of their claims.

8. Rob says:

Hiya,

That's good, it will stop that mirror image getting stronger, keep you grounded ;o)

Yeah, it's those snake oil salesmen I mean, so many of them over the years too, that is the main plus point of being in this for those years, I remember them. :o)

I'll be honest, I don't really "hang tough" with anyone really, there are only a few I trust 100% though… and one has no visibility you would see, what I mean is they are under the radar. ;o)

Hence I couldn't spill their names, I would be betraying their trust, rest assured though this cynical bugger will do what I can to keep people I know like you lot on the ball, out of the bad IMers clutches. ;o)

As fr the "upcoming smooth dude", not to sure who you mean, but if you want me to clarify if I know of them, shoot me an email or DM on twitter and I'll tell ya what I know.

Thanks for the comment, keep it real eh, make sure ya mirror reflects who you want it to.

9. Rob says:

Hiya Kelsey,

You are right there, many are shady and they have to be because that's the only way they can do things… sadly.

There is one good reason for some to not disclose things, that is the know everyone else in the IM niche is competition, many won't hesitate to jump in your niche and try to take away from you.
    That is mainly them revealing their "money site stats" leads to this problem so it won't happen.

I don't blame them in that sense, but if they are blogging about IM itself and teaching making money and whatnot then it wouldn't hurt them to share that sort of thing so much.

Thanks for commenting. :o)

10. Jason says:

Although I've sold IM products in the past (nothing with outlandish claims or nothing poor quality, I believe at least) I agree the market is full of rubbish and I've always said that anyone can get started for free.

Although the FTC rules have made things tighter, I've found that launches are getting around this by only opening for a day or a week so there's not enough time for the FTC to realise they're selling something with impossible claims. :)

11. Rob says:

Hey Jason,

Nothing wrong with IM itself, selling or whatnot and as long as any of us are honest and straight it's good. :o)

The FTC did a crap job of it all really, but yeah it has changed things, you can see it with the panicky ones "closing up shop" or retiring their crap and moving in a different angle.

The person behind it is what matters. :o)